Oral History in Education
- Join the Oral History Association.
- Attend the Oral History Association Annual Meeting and pre-conference workshops.
- Order the OHA pamphlet, Oral History Projects in Your Classroom.
- Contact the Oral History Association Education Committee chair, Debbie Ardemendo, Apollo Theater.
- Nominate an educator for an OHA Teaching Award.
- Look for conferences, workshops, and deadlines on the Calendar.
- Learn about best practices by reviewing the Oral History Principles and Best Practices.
Find Education Committee resources:
- Using oral history in your classroom or program.
- Post-secondary and professional oral history programs and projects.
- Pre-collegiate oral history projects.
- Oral History workshops available through national, regional and state oral history and related organizations.
- Martha Ross Pre-Collegiate Teaching Award (in odd numbered years, 2013, 2015, etc.).
- Postsecondary Teaching Award (in even numbered years, 2012, 2014, etc.).
Oral History Association Education Committee
Chair: Debbie Ardemendo, Apollo Theater (2011-2014) email@example.com
Leni Anderson, Columbus Metropolitan Library (2010-2013)
Julie Levitt, Psychologist and Independent Scholar (2010-2013)
Allison Tracy, University of Nevada, Reno (2010-2013)
Andy Russell, Central New Mexico Community College (2011-2014)
Judith Flores-Carmona, Hampshire College (2011-2014)
Wynetta Scott-Simmons, Mercer University (2012-2015)
Katie Kuszmar, Notre Dame High School San Jose (2012-2015)
Jamie Karmel, Harford Community College (2012-2015)
OHA Council Liaison: Dan Kerr, American University