Historians, librarians and archivists, students, journalists, teachers, and academic scholars from many fields have found that the OHA provides both professional guidance and a collegial environment for sharing research. Members enjoy a connection to oral historians worldwide and valuable benefits.
- Print and digital versions of our journal, The Oral History Review, published and mailed by Oxford University Press twice a year (read more about OHR on our Publications page).
- Access to the fully searchable digital archive of all issues of The Oral History Review dating back to 1973.
- Up to 20% discount on books published by Oxford University Press when ordered online using the member link: www.oup.com/us/oralhistory
- The OHA Newsletter mailed three times a year.
- Discounted registration for the OHA Annual Meeting.
All memberships cover one calendar year from January to December. Those who join in December will be considered members for the following calendar year.
Individual Memberships – 2014
- Regular Member $70
- Student Member $35
- Life Member $1000
Institutional Membership – 2014
- Regular (print and online) $200
- Online access only $160
- Print only $184
How to Join
Beginning in late October, 2014, the OHA executive office will be processing renewals and new memberships for the organization. This process will no longer be coordinated by Oxford University Press. If you are an existing member, you will be contacted by email and by mail with instructions on how to renew. We hope it will be a much simpler process.
For those interested in joining OHA as a new member, please check back in late October and use the new membership links provided at that time. Our membership is for a calendar year, so we invite you to join in late October so that you may receive membership benefits from that time through December of 2015.
Institutional and Corporate Members
Join or Renew On-line: Institutional and corporate members will still subscribe and renew subscriptions through Oxford University Press, the publisher of The Oral History Review. If you want to subscribe for 2014, you will receive the two 2014 issues of our journal. When you reach the Oxford webpage, you will need to click on the “2014 Subscriptions” button in order to subscribe for 2014.
Problems joining or renewing? Contact OHA at email@example.com or 404-413-5751. We will be happy to help.