Historians, librarians and archivists, students, journalists, teachers, and academic scholars from many fields have found that the OHA provides both professional guidance and a collegial environment for sharing research. Members enjoy a connection to oral historians worldwide and valuable benefits.
- Print and digital versions of our journal, The Oral History Review, published and mailed by Oxford University Press twice a year (read more about OHR on our Publications page).
- Access to the fully searchable digital archive of all issues of The Oral History Review dating back to 1973.
- Up to 20% discount on books published by Oxford University Press when ordered online using the member link: www.oup.com/us/oralhistory
- The OHA Newsletter mailed three times a year.
- Discounted registration for the OHA Annual Meeting.
All memberships cover one calendar year from January to December. Those who join in December will be considered members for the following calendar year.
Individual Memberships – 2013
- Regular Member $70
- Student Member $35
- Life Member $1000
Institutional Membership – 2013
- Regular (print and online) $200
- Online access only $160
- Print only $184
How to Join
Join or Renew On-line: Membership for the Oral History Association is coordinated by Oxford University Press, the publisher of The Oral History Review. You may join OHA, or renew your membership, via the Oxford Journals website. When you reach the The Oral History Review page, you will see the OHA membership categories listed (Life member, Regular member, and Student member). Select a category and click “Add to basket.”
* If you are joining OHA for the first time, you will be asked to set up a username and password to access your online account on the second page. The final step will be your credit card payment. Members in certain states will be charged sales tax because membership includes a mailed publication (The Oral History Review).
* To renew your membership online, select the appropriate membership category on the first page. On the second page, called “Basket”, click “Proceed to Checkout.” If you have previously set up a username and password with Oxford Journals, you will be asked for that information, then you will reach the payment page. If you have not set up a username and password, you will be prompted to do so. If you have forgotten your login information, Oxford will email that to you if you request a reminder.
Mail the completed form with your check payable to Oxford Journals to:
Journals Customer Service
Oxford University Press
2001 Evans Rd.
Cary , NC 27513
By phone: Call Oxford Journals at 1-800-852-7323.
Problems joining or renewing? Contact OHA at firstname.lastname@example.org or 404-413-5751. We will be happy to help.