New OHA Membership Website
The OHA membership website is a new benefit for individual members. When you log in with your email address and password, you may:
- Update your address or affiliation (if you move or change jobs);
- View the online directory of members with email addresses;
- Access the online version of The Oral History Review and the OHR archive;
- Check your renewal date and renew your membership.
You are identified as a member on this website by your email address, and you will need to create a password the first time you visit the site. If you have any difficulty using the site or need to change your email address, please contact OHA at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 404-413-5751.
The Oral History Association promotes excellence in every aspect of the oral history process, in all the diverse places where it is practiced. Historians, librarians and archivists, teachers, students, and scholars from many fields have found that the OHA provides both professional guidance and a collegial environment for sharing research. As a member, you will join a vibrant network of oral historians from around the world. Members cite the strong personal and professional connections made through OHA as among the most valuable benefits of membership. Other benefits include:
- Print and digital versions of our journal, The Oral History Review, published and mailed by Oxford University Press twice a year (read more about OHR on our Publications page).
- Access to the fully searchable digital archive of all issues of The Oral History Review dating back to 1973.
- Up to 20% discount on books published by Oxford University Press when ordered online using the member link: www.oup.com/us/oralhistory
- The OHA Newsletter mailed three times a year.
- Discounted registration for the OHA Annual Meeting.
Membership is for the calendar year and ends December 31. Individual members who join after August 15 will be considered members for the remainder of the current year and for the following year. Members joining after August 15 will receive print publications for the following calendar year.
Individual Memberships – 2015
- Regular Member $75
- Student Member $35
- Life Member $1,000
Institutional Membership – 2015
- Regular (print and online) $208
- Online access only $166
- Print only $191
How to Join
Join or Renew Online: We’ve changed the membership process! The OHA office will now be coordinating membership for the organization. You may create a password when you renew or join on the membership site. When you return to the site in the future, you will log in using your email address and password.
If you prefer to register by form and pay by check, download the 2015 membership form.
Institutional and Corporate Members
Join or Renew On-line: Institutional and corporate members will still subscribe and renew subscriptions through Oxford University Press, the publisher of The Oral History Review.
Problems joining or renewing? Contact OHA at email@example.com or 404-413-5751 for assistance.