Historians, librarians and archivists, teachers, students, and scholars from many fields have found that the OHA provides both professional guidance and a collegial environment for sharing research. Members enjoy a connection to oral historians worldwide and valuable benefits.
- Print and digital versions of our journal, The Oral History Review, published and mailed by Oxford University Press twice a year (read more about OHR on our Publications page).
- Access to the fully searchable digital archive of all issues of The Oral History Review dating back to 1973.
- Up to 20% discount on books published by Oxford University Press when ordered online using the member link: www.oup.com/us/oralhistory
- The OHA Newsletter mailed three times a year.
- Discounted registration for the OHA Annual Meeting.
Membership is for the calendar year and ends December 31. Individual members who join after August 15 will be considered members for the remainder of the current year and for the following year. Members joining after August 15 will receive print publications for the following calendar year.
Individual Memberships – 2015
- Regular Member $75
- Student Member $35
- Life Member $1,000
Institutional Membership – 2015
- Regular (print and online) $208
- Online access only $166
- Print only $191
How to Join
Join or Renew Online: We’ve changed the membership process! The OHA office will now be coordinating membership for the organization. You may create a password when you renew or join on the membership site. When you return to the site in the future, you will log in using your email address and password.
If you prefer to register by form and pay by check, download the 2015 membership form.
Institutional and Corporate Members
Join or Renew On-line: Institutional and corporate members will still subscribe and renew subscriptions through Oxford University Press, the publisher of The Oral History Review.
Problems joining or renewing? Contact OHA at firstname.lastname@example.org or 404-413-5751 for assistance.