Historians, librarians and archivists, students, journalists, teachers, and academic scholars from many fields have found that the OHA provides both professional guidance and a collegial environment for sharing research. Members enjoy a connection to oral historians worldwide and valuable benefits.
- Print and digital versions of our journal, Oral History Review, published and mailed by Oxford University Press twice a year (read more about OHR on our Publications page).
- Access to the fully searchable digital archive of all issues of the Oral History Review dating back to1973.
- Up to 20% discount on books published by Oxford University Press when ordered online using the member link: www.oup.com/us/oralhistory
- The OHA Newsletter mailed three times a year.
- Discounted registration for the OHA Annual Meeting.
All memberships cover one calendar year from January to December. When you join, you will receive all publications for the current calendar year. Those who join in December will be considered members for the following calendar year.
Individual Memberships – 2013
- Regular Member $70
- Student Member $35
- Life Member $1000
Institutional Membership – 2013
- Regular (print and online) $187
- Electronic only $156
- Print only $172
How to Join
Join On-line: Membership for the Oral History Association is coordinated by Oxford University Press, the publisher of Oral History Review. You may join OHA, or renew your membership, via the Oxford Journals website.
When you reach the Oral History Review page, you will see the OHA membership categories listed (Life member, Regular member, and Student member). Select the category you are interested in and “add to basket.” If you are renewing your membership, select “renewals” on the second page and follow the prompts. If you are joining OHA for the first time, you will be asked to set up a username and password to access your online account on the second page. The final step will be your credit card payment. You will see the charge in US dollars prior to check out if you live in the US. Also, members in certain states will be charged sales tax on your membership fee.
Mail the completed form with your check payable to Oxford Journals to:
Journals Customer Service
Oxford University Press
2001 Evans Rd.
Cary , NC 27513
By phone: Call Oxford Journals at 1-800-852-7323.