The Oral History Association promotes excellence in every aspect of the oral history process, in all the diverse places where it is practiced. Historians, librarians and archivists, teachers, students, and scholars from many fields have found that the OHA provides both professional guidance and a collegial environment for sharing research. As a member, you will join a vibrant network of oral historians from around the world. Members cite the strong personal and professional connections made through OHA as among the most valuable benefits of membership. Other benefits include:
- Print and digital versions of our journal, The Oral History Review, published and mailed by Oxford University Press twice a year (read more about OHR on our Publications page).
- Access to the fully searchable digital archive of all issues of The Oral History Review dating back to 1973.
- Up to 20% discount on books published by Oxford University Press when ordered online using the member link.
- The OHA Newsletter (digital) published three times a year.
- Bi-weekly News emails to keep you informed of association news and oral history projects around the globe.
- Discounted registration for the OHA Annual Meeting.
Membership is for the calendar year and ends December 31. Individual members who join after August 15 will be considered members for the remainder of the current year and for the following year. Members joining after August 15 will receive print publications for the following calendar year.
Individual and Organization Membership – 2017
- Regular Member $75
- Student Member $35
- Life Member $1,000
- Organization Partner Member $450
Institutional Subscription to The Oral History Review – 2017
- Print and online access $228
- Online access only $181
- Print only $21o
How to Join
If you prefer to register by form and pay by check, download the 2017 Membership Form.
Become a Partner of OHA and receive all the benefits of institutional subscription and more! For details and the 2017 Partner Membership Form, see 2017 Partner Member . To join online, select Partner Member when registering using the OHA membership site.
Institutional and Corporate Subscribers
Join or Renew On-line: Institutions and corporations will still subscribe and renew subscriptions through Oxford University Press, the publisher of The Oral History Review.
OHA Membership Website
The OHA membership website is a feature for individual members. When you log in with your email address and password, you may:
- Update your address or affiliation;
- View the online directory of members with email addresses;
- Access the online version of The Oral History Review and the OHR archive;
- Check your renewal date and renew your membership.
You are identified as a member on this website by your email address, and you will need to create a password the first time you visit the site. If you have any difficulty using the site or need to change your email address, please contact OHA at email@example.com or call us at 404-413-5751. For instructions on how to use the site, view How to Use the OHA Membership Site.
Problems joining or renewing? Contact OHA at firstname.lastname@example.org or 404-413-5751 for assistance.