Travel Tips to Montreal 2018
The International Committee is looking forward to meeting you in Montreal, Canada for the OHA Annual Meeting in October 2018. Below are some useful links to help you navigate the travel process. Be sure to START EARLY to apply for any required documentation.
Note that ALL visitors to Canada require a passport (or equivalent travel documents) and some may also require a VISA or an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA)
For general travel information and links, visit: https://travel.gc.ca/returning/travelling-to-canada
- To see if you need a visa, visit http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/visas.asp?_ga=2.11290420.1824115250.1513369651-1345179090.1513369651
- For country specific requirements, visit: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/visit-canada/entry-requirements-country.html
- For general information about eTA, see https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/visit-canada/eta/facts.htm
- General ETA information and links to the online application can be found at https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/visit-canada/eta.html
- Destination Canada is a website that provides you with practical information to help you plan your trip: https://www.destinationcanada.com/
If you are traveling from or through the United States, you will need to satisfy American customs and immigration requirements as well, possibly including transit visas and Electronic Travel Authorization. See https://www.cbp.gov/travel/international-visitors/iti-transit for details.
For USA citizens and residents, please review information found on U.S. Department of State – Bureau of Consular Affairs. https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/international-travel/International-Travel-Country-Information-Pages/Canada.html.
Departing flights from Canada:
New border controls have been implemented for flights LEAVING Canada. When leaving Montreal, be at the airport at least three (3) hours before your scheduled flight. For flights to or through the U.S.A., note that you must pass US customs and immigration at the airport in Montreal before departure.