Help:How to add content
From OHA Wiki
Adding content to the OHA Wiki is fun and easy but but it does take some practice. The following steps will help you to get started:
Step 1. To get started, you must create an account and login to contribute to or edit the OHA Wiki. To do so,
- Click on the "OHA Network" in the navigation menu on the left. (or go to http://www.oralhistory.org/network)
- Select "Create an Account." (If you already have an account, then login and skip to step 2 below).
- You will receive an email confirming your account and asking you to activate your account. Activate your account and then return to the OHA Network login (http://www.oralhistory.org/network). You must go to this page to Login when you want to edit the OHA Wiki.
- Then return to the OHA Wiki (http://www.oralhistory.org/network/mw)
Step 2. The first thing to do is to search the wiki to see if what you want to add is already here.
Editing a Page
- You can edit the page by using wikitext (this is wiki language that is easy to learn--go to Wikipedia Cheatsheet for more information) or you can use the rich text editor that works a good deal like your word processor (but with fewer buttons). Click on "Rich Editor."
- A good place to start and practice is on the Try it Yourself page (http://www.oralhistory.org/network/mw/index.php/Try_it_Yourself); Don't worry about making changes on this page. It is a sandbox for people to test out and learn Wiki editing skills.
- Don't forget to click on "Save page" at the bottom of the page when you are done editing or you will lose your edits.
Creating a Page
Step 4. Creating a page is almost as easy as editing a page.
- First find the page where you want to link your new page from/to.
- Type and the words that will be the title of your page
- Click on the "internal link" button. This will add two square brackets around your text (You can simply type in the brackets if you are not using the rich text editor).
- This will add two square brackets around your text (You can simply type in the brackets).
- When you save the page, your page title will now be a link. Click on your new link (in this case stove); and it will take you to your new page.
It is important to think about the about the terms you use to create your new page since the terms will be the title of the page and part of the web address (URL). In the case of the stove page, the address is http://www.oralhistory.org/network/mw/index.php/Stove.
Good luck and have fun.