Register now for the 2015 annual meeting in Tampa
Online registration for the 2015 meeting is now OPEN.
Make plans to attend the 2015 annual meeting scheduled for October 14-18 at the Tampa Marriott Waterside Hotel. The annual meeting attracts a broad range of people and features the best work in the field, enabling students and both emerging and established scholars to network and learn valuable skills. This year’s theme, “Stories for Social Change and Social Justice,” focuses special attention on the power of oral history to uncover links between political and cultural change and to inspire civic engagement.
- Dynamic plenary sessions on oral history and social activism, the Guantanamo Public Memory Project, and organizing in the aftermath of Ferguson;
- Andy Garrison, independent filmmaker out of Austin, Texas, showcasing and speaking about his most recent documentary feature Trash Dance;
- OHA Presidential Reception at the Tampa Bay History Center and performance of Gator Tales, an original play devised and directed by Kevin Marshall in conjunction with the Samuel Proctor Oral History Program featuring the unique experiences of African American students at the University of Florida;
- Keynote speaker Charlie Cobb, journalist, professor, and former activist with SNCC. Cobb is currently a senior analyst at allAfrica.com and a visiting professor at Brown University, as well as one of the creators and coordinators of the SNCC Legacy Project.
- Evening performances by actor, writer and educator Judith Sloan, featuring her work “YO MISS!,” and human rights activist and comedian Hari Kondabolu, called “one of the most exciting political comics in stand-up today” by the New York Times.
- Oral history workshops for practitioners at all levels;
- The OHA mentor program linking newcomers to established oral historians; and
- More than 75 general sessions highlighting recent work and new technology.
Registration and housing will open in May. The links for online registration and hotel reservations will be available on our website when they are available.