OHA Diversity Scholarship Award
The OHA Diversity Scholarship supports emerging oral historians from diverse backgrounds whose research/creative work addresses issues affecting diverse populations. The scholarship can be used toward research expenses, including but not limited to: travel, transcription, archival duplication, and equipment.The recipient of the award will be required to attend the OHA 2020 annual conference in Baltimore to be recognized for their award and to present their work. The award may also be used to cover the cost of travel to OHA 2020.
Scholarship Details and Requirements
- One $5,000 Scholarship.
- This is a one-time award.
- If future funding becomes available, individuals granted the award may not reapply in subsequent years.
- The individual who wins this award is required to present their research at the OHA 2020 annual conference.
The following materials must be included in your application:
- Completed one-page application
- Current resume/curriculum vitae
- Portfolio of current work
- A purpose statement of professional goals (maximum 1,000 words)
- A brief biographical statement (maximum 500 words)
- Two (2) letters of recommendation typed on official letterhead
Deadline and Notification
Click for the Diversity Scholarship Application
Email your application by October 14, 2019, to Nicki Pombier Berger at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Notification: The decision will be made in time to be announced at the Oral History Association annual conference in Salt Lake City in October 2019.