The Oral History Association is deeply committed to the use of oral history as an educational methodology. The Education Committee promotes the use of oral history in the classroom at all levels of instruction and works to assure that the OHA addresses the needs of teachers.
The Primary Purposes of the Education committee are:
- To promote excellence in oral history education in accordance with Oral History Association Evaluation Guidelines;
- To promote communication between oral history educators, and between oral history educators and other oral history practitioners;
- To recognize outstanding achievement in oral history education;
- To involve more educators in the activities of the Oral History Association through membership, the web site, publications, and annual meetings;
- To create and share models for exemplary oral history education.
Chair: Robin Weinberg, moc.l1638536048iamg@1638536048grebn1638536048iewsn1638536048ibor1638536048>, 2019-2022
Jessica Buckle, California State University, Fullerton, 2019-2022
Amber Abbas, St. Joseph’s University, 2019-2022
Jose Vazquez, Miami Dade College, 2020-2023
Christine Lemley, Northern Arizona University, 2020-2023
Frances Davey, Florida Gulf Coast University, 2020-2023
Jessica Taylor, Virginia Tech University, 2020-2023
Christopher Stanley, 2021-2024
OHA Council Liaison: Zaheer Ali, The Lawrenceville School