OHA is the principal membership organization for people committed to the value of oral history. OHA promotes excellence in every aspect of the oral history process, in all the diverse places where it is practiced. If you want to be part of a network of historians, archivists, teachers, students, filmmakers, librarians, veterans, community activists, and scholars from all fields who use oral history, the Oral History Association is the place for you. The Association supports its members by providing cutting edge information and hosting opportunities to gather, share work, and learn from one another. We invite you to join us!
- Strong professional and personal connections to oral history practitioners;
- Print and digital versions of our journal, The Oral History Review, published and mailed by Routledge, Taylor & Francis twice a year (read more about OHR on our Publications page).
- Access to the fully searchable digital archive of all issues of The Oral History Review dating back to 1973.
- The OHA Newsletter (digital) published five times a year.
- Monthly News emails to keep you informed of association news and oral history projects around the globe.
- Discounted registration for the OHA Annual Meeting.
- General Member $100
- Independent Practitioner/ Emerging Professional Member $75
- Community Practitioner/ Student Member $35
- Life Member $1,000
- Organization Partner Member $450
Membership is for the calendar year and ends December 31. Individual members who join after August 15 will be considered members for the remainder of the current year and for the following year. Members joining after August 15 will receive print publications for the following calendar year.
How to Join
Join or Renew Online — An easy payment option that only requires your email address and creation of a password.
If you prefer to register by form and pay by check, download the Membership Form.
Become a Partner of OHA and receive all the benefits of institutional subscription and more! For details and the Partner Membership Form, see Partner Member Form.
Institutional and Corporate Subscribers
Join or Renew On-line: Institutions and corporations subscribe and renew subscriptions through Routledge, Taylor & Francis, the publisher of The Oral History Review.
Institutional Subscription to The Oral History Review
- Print and online access $267
- Online access only $227